SACRAMENTO, March 28, 2022 — Future Farmers of America (FFA) members and supporters from across the state of California returned to the Golden 1 Center for the sixth session of the 94th State FFA Leadership Conference in Sacramento, with the theme of “Embrace the Celebration.”
State FFA Vice President Hannah Kunkle gave her retiring address, urging members to be brave in moments of uncertainty.
“Life is not black and white,” Kunkle said. “There will be fog and darkness … but it's our perspective and moments like these that will shape our lives. It’s your choice to be brave. It’s your choice to be vulnerable. It's your choice to choose hope.”
“The great thing about fog is that it disappears when the light breaks through.”
The California FFA State Agriscience Fair awards were handed out. The Agriscience Fair recognizes students who gain real-world, hands-on experiences in agricultural enterprises. The results will be posted on www.calaged.org later this week.
Over 600 regional delegates voted on constitutional items and initiatives that impact all members of California FFA. The results of the proposed amendments and initiatives are below. Each constitutional amendment required a two-thirds majority.
- Amendment Proposal I, Clarifies the Adult Board is a fiscal governing board and the term of State Advisor, Assistant State Advisor, and CATA Executive Director: Yes
- Amendment Proposal II, Strikes Finance & Adult Committee and Conference Review Committee as mandatory: Yes
- Amendment Proposal III, Makes members who serve on the Nominating Committee in 2023 ineligible to run for State Office in the Bylaws: No
- Should CATA start a Spanish creed? Yes
The members involved in the Courtesy Corps were recognized and thanked for their effort in keeping conference operations smooth.
Finally, FFA State Talent showcased their skills for California FFA members. Performers included:
- Brannon Bippus, Willows FFA
- Enrique Hernandez, Galt FFA
- Natalia Crane, Wasco FFA
- Mayci Cavozos, Bakersfield-Frontier FFA
Members voted on the winner of “FFA’s Got Talent” and the winner will be announced during the closing session tomorrow.
The closing session of the 94th State FFA Leadership Conference will start at 9:00 a.m. tomorrow.
For any media inquiries, please contact Harrison Reilly at email@example.com. He can also be reached at 707-337-9539. To learn more about California FFA, visit calaged.org.